We are stewards of the Internet and our Company.” This is the first of our core values here at Verisign. Verisign is a trusted steward of critical Internet infrastructure
operating the infrastructure for the .com, .net, .tv, .cc, .name, .jobs, .edu and .gov top-level domain names, as well as two of the world’s 13 Internet root servers (A and J), managing and protecting the DNS infrastructure for some 121 million domain names and processing more than 77 billion Internet queries daily. Verisign’s infrastructure assurance services, including Managed DNS, and DDoS Protection, help to ensure online businesses are as available as the Web itself.
Come join the team that provides support and operational innovation for the global Internet infrastructure! Platform Operations is the team that keeps it all running at Verisign. We support Verisign’s backbone as well as key services such as Verisign Domain Name Services, DDoS Protection Services. As a member of the Platform Operations team, you will work with a wide range of leading edge technologies and hardware to deliver exceptional performance to our customers.
The Position: Linux System Administrator
This Engineer is responsible for the 24×7 support of mission-critical services supporting Verisign’s Provisioning Operations environments. We prize engineering professionals equipped with great technical skills and attitudes that motivate those around them. The candidate for this position will need to:
• Install, maintain, and configure production, staging and quality assurance environments to support Verisign’s provisioning services. Environments include servers, operating systems, storage devices, and applications software
• Perform daily operations support functions, including problem isolation and resolution
• Provide critical technical leadership in the areas of operational process and change management
• Interface with Development, QA, Performance, Project Management, Customer Service, Business, and other Operations organizations
• Coordinate with other technical staff to implement systems and software
• Acquire thorough understanding of Verisign’s applications and operational environments
• Document processes, procedures, configurations, and deployment plans
• Participate in a 24×7 on call rotation
• Regularly report progress to Management
• Travel – up to 25% international (Must be able to acquire a passport.)
Our ideal candidate will have a strong technical and organization skills, be able to thrive in a team environment, and be a self-starter able to multi-task in this dynamic operations group. We need effective communicators who can work within a matrixed environment and represent Verisign effectively to customers and other external resources. A high level of technical skills and experience is essential for success.
· 5+ years of experience administering systems in a production operations environment
· Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux or equivalent UNIX OS
· Experience supporting UNIX OS level configurations for enterprise networking and storage technologies
· Proficiency with UNIX utilities and scripting (Perl, Python, shell, Expect, etc.)
· Experience with automating production processes and procedures
· Hands-on experience with TCP/IP networking, including Ethernet, IP addressing & subnetting, routing, iptables, and network troubleshooting
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related technical field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience documenting work tasks and changes in tools such as Jira, Rally, Service Now, or Remedy
· Experience collaborating with groups outside operations such as QA, Development and Project Management
· Registry Services, E-commerce or ISP environment experience
· Experience using VMWare in a production environment
· Experience with IBM Hardware Management Console, PowerVM, PowerHA
· Enterprise Application Integration experience
· Deployment automation experience using tools such as Cobbler, Puppet, Ansible and Fabric
· Experience working with teams using Kanban and Scrum a plus
· Experience with enterprise storage systems
· Experience with Docker in a production environment
· Experience with Openstack in a production environment
· Experience administrating UNIX systems in a large scale environment.
· Experience using Jenkins in a continuous delivery and integration environment.
· Experience with web servers, like Apache and NGINX.
· Experience managing name servers in a production environment.
· Experience with application servers, like Tomcat and Jboss.
· Experience with PKI infrastructure, SSL certificates, DNSSEC ZSKs, KSKs
: 1st Shift