Accounts Payable Team Lead
Master Data & Payment team
Take the next step in your career with a highly successful global organisation!
The Business Support Centre (BSC) of Avis Budget Group, a globally leading vehicle rental service provider, is supporting the Group from Budapest mainly covering customer care, commercial support and financial services.
Within Financial Services, our Accounts Payable Teams are organised in a process driven structure. Teams are responsible for PO & non PO invoice processing, query management, master data & payments.
If you’d like to join, we are now offering a career-defining opportunity in an Accounts Payable Team Leader role to lead the team of approximately 10 colleagues to success within a fast changing service center, where colleagues are empowered to shape our processes and ways of working to deliver tangible results in operational excellence across a complex European organisation. It’s a very exciting place to be — dynamic, creative and collaborative.
Your role will be:
- Ensures high-level service delivery performance according to KPI targets established for the team
- Develops detailed knowledge of the end to end process to be able to ensure continuous quality services to the partners
- Ensures, that day to day resource allocation of tasks is optimised to the daily priorities and timetables
- Supports team members on a day to day basis to solve issues promptly within the processes
- Ensures issues are escalated effectively within the BSC and with regional management to quickly resolve issues
- Communicates regularly with partners and internal customers
- Ensures, that operations are compliant with all relevant SOX and internal control as well as with the applicable local accountancy and taxation regulations.
- Continuously seeks for improvements of the quality and efficiency of the services and to develop the processes.
- Ensure procedure documentation is updated at all times in line with ISO requirements
- Complete approval duties as specified (e.g. approval of payments or invoices) to required quality standards and deadlines
- Responsible for on boarding of new joiners including check point assessment.
- Motivates colleagues with continuous feedback and coaching in order to reach business and personal objectives. Plays a key role in developing and coaching team members.
- Develop and maintain back-up structure so that services can be continuously delivered
- Organises regular team meetings and 1:1’s with team members to ensure, that there is a transparent 2-way communication
- Ensures, that there is a climate of open, honest and timely feedback within the team so that people and services can be developed
- Overall responsibility to retain and engage team members
To join us, we are looking forward to your application if you have:
- College or university degree in Economics preferably in Finance/Accounting
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of working in Multi Site, Multi-Country Fast Paced Corporation in Finance area
- Minimum 2 years leadership experience, proven ability to inspire, motivate and drive others is expected.
- Knowledge of the SSC systems and processes is an advantage
- Advanced English language knowledge both verbal and written is required
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Logical thinking and continuous improvement mind-set
- Ability to prioritize in a faced paced environment
- Enthusiasm, willingness to go the extra mile to achieve team success
- Confident use of MsOffice especially Excel
Why Avis Budget Group BSC is a great place to build a career at:
- our BSC is Centre of Excellence and largest Avis Budget Group site globally
- multicultural, diverse team with colleagues from over 40 different countries
- friendly, collaborative culture & approachable leadership
- opportunities for growth & development throughout your career
- high-energy place with winning spirit where things move forward every day
- Hungary’s greenest, environmentally conscious, award-winning office
- various fun company events and volunteer initiatives
- car rental and partner discounts in addition to your compensation package
If you want to GO somewhere in your career Avis Budget Group is the place to be! Apply now!