We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Air Freight Forwarder to work within a busy import / export department of a large freight forwarding company
- Foster and develop good relations with both existing and potential customers to ensure retention and growth.
- Liaise with overseas partners to ensure the department is proactive in providing a quality operational performance.
- Delivery and collection scheduling and dealing with Hauliers / subcontractors and third parties.
- Day to day operations in a busy office environment to include dealing with customers/customs clearance/invoicing/creditors invoices/customer & other reports/other administration duties.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the role to ensure full ownership.
- Deal with all customer phone sales and/or customer queries.
- Establish a good working relationship with the shipping department and customers.
- Maintaining and / or implementing good working practices & procedures to ensure that departments run efficiently and with professionalism.
- Working in a busy fast paced environment, while maintaining quality and customer service.
- Managing your performance via Key Performance Indicators as discussed with your manager.
- Pro-actively look for continuous improvement with the department to ultimately provide the customer with an efficient and professional service.
- Promote company positively within customers premises through high quality of work, excellent communication, pro-active approach and positive attitude.
- Other ad-hoc responsibilities as required by you manager.
Suitable candidate will have the following:
- At least 3 years experience in a busy Air freight forwarding department
- A hands-on approach with the ability to maintain priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- The ability to work on own initiative within a team environment.
- Keen Awareness to the Cost of Quality to an Organisation.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing demands
The salary on this role will very much depend on your experience
Ref number: 17100
Job Type: Full-time