About the role
As the Community Manager you will be a vital part of our multinational Production team. You will be responsible for the active management of our freelancers’ pool consisting of approximately 10,000 writers, 50 proofreaders and copy-editors. Your proactive measures will ensure that freelancers choose greatcontent as their favourite copywriting marketplace which enables them to deliver great content to our clients.
Currently, we are searching for an enthusiastic communicator as an addition for our team, who loves to motivate people and has ideas how to enhance our communities’ activity.
Your main responsibilities will be
- Develop greatcontent’s communication strategy towards writers.
- Sustain a high-class customer experience for freelance authors and proofreaders.
- Gather recurring questions and develop an efficient problem-solving process.
- Find suitable platforms e.g. job portals, events or partnerships in order to acquire the right copywriting experts and proofreaders/copy-editors for diverse topics and target groups.
- Develop an efficient freelancer recruitment and development process ranging from attracting new writers to builing up retention of existing ones.
- Support our production team by forecasting our writers capacity for upcoming projects.
- Proactively encourage higher activity of our freelance writers through creative and self-developed measures.
- Develop and drive (re)activation campaigns via e-mail, phone, blog posts or events.
- Find solutions to attract new writers and/or proofreaders to specific projects with more challenging needs in terms of client requirements.
What you should bring along
- You are a natural communicator.
- You are excited to leverage your community management experience and brand building knowledge to develop a vibrant community.
- You are a creative, flexible, energetic self-starter, socially aware, with a positive outlook.
- Willingness to be self-organising, to work without a lot of supervision, and meet challenging goals is essential.
- Common knowledge of existing tools and channels, e.g., mailchimp, facebook, Twitter.
- Experience as freelancer and/or managing large freelance pools.
- You have to be a Berlin-based EU citizen or have a willingness to relocate, or otherwise hold a valid German residence and work permit.
- Fluent English (written and spoken). Fluent German (written and spoken) and other languages are an advantage.
What we offer
- Great diversity of projects and daily new challenges in the online world
- Chance to be part of the greatcontent success and to leave your own footprint
- Flexible working hours
- Flat hierarchies – as Community Manager you will directly report to our Head of Customer Success and Operations
- Office in the heart of Berlin in Friedrichstraße
- Free fruits, drinks and regular afterwork parties!
Sounds good? Let’s apply!