For the group Engine Definition & Thermodynamics we are searching for a Control Function Design Engineer. Your responsibilities:
- Gather the functional requirements in order to design the required functionality;
- Prepare, perform and analyse the requirements;
- Develop (software) functions and engine controls via models using MatLab Simulink;
- Verify with SIL, MIL or HIL methodologies and validate with RCP on an engine/vehicle against requirements;
- Write Functional Design Specifications;
- Support R&D engine experimental activities (e.g. pre calibration) during RCP testing on an engine/vehicle;
- Working in contact with multi-disciplinary teams;
- Collaboration in project teams.
In the position of Control System Design Engineer you will report to the Supervisor Engine Definition & Thermodynamics.
- MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering, preferably with specialization on Dynamics and Control applied on internal combustion engines;
- Minimal 1 year experience with functionality development, by preference for diesel engines;
- Experience with function development processes according industry standard, like ISO15504 (automotive SPiCE);
- Good knowledge and experience with MatLab, Simulink and toolboxes;
- Good knowledge and experience with DSpace tools;
- Good knowledge and experience with Monte Carlo Simulations (pre);
- Good knowledge and experience with FMEA methodologies (pre);
- Good knowledge and experience in requirement management;
- Structured working approach combined with pleasure to work in teams;
- Enthusiasm to deal with complex models, engine controls and to develop solutions for the engine control related technical problems;
- Very good communication skills;
- Good English and Dutch skills are mandatory.
Within the PACCAR Inc. the DAF Engine Development department is the center of competence for Engine Development. In our state-of-art engine development center we develop engine families for the future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best in class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers. As a globally working company we offer optimal opportunities to contribute to our success in a multicultural team.
You’ll be part of the Engine Integration & Validation department (EI&V). EI&V is amongst others responsible for integration of the engine and after treatment into an optimized system working together with all types of vehicles. This integrated system should have robust and precise diagnostic capabilities.
DAF Trucks N.V. offers you an inspiring and challenging work environment where safety comes first. You don’t just choose for a job, you choose for a career at DAF.
A career with a lot of growth potential. If you like to work in an organization with a no-nonsense culture with ambition, then DAF is the right employer for you .
DAF offers you, in addition to a competitive salary, an interesting package of secondary benefits like:
- a 36-hour week
- 27 vacation daysand 13 ADV days (reduction of working hours)
- Flexible working hours
- 8 % holiday allowance
- Excellent training & development opportunities
- Group health insurance and retirement plan
- DAF Profit Sharing Plan
In short: Drive your career, join DAF!
Please upload your CV and motivation below. For more information you can contact Jimmy Baens (Recruiter) via telephone number +31-40-214-3445.