About Espressif Systems:
Espressif Systems is a world-leading Internet-of-Things company. We built the widely popular ESP8266 and ESP32 chips. We are an innovative team of chip-design specialists, software/ firmware developers and marketers. And we are committed to providing the best IoT devices and software platforms in the industry. We also help our customers build their own solutions and connect with other partners in the IoT ecosystem. Our passion lies in creating state-of-the-art chipsets and enabling our partners to deliver great products.
Espressif’s IoT software-development platform, ESP-IDF, is open-source and many third-party projects and platforms have been based on it. These include Mongoose OS, MicroPython, Espruino, NodeMCU, etc. Espressif is also involved in, and supports, many open-source community projects. We believe in the democratization of technology that will develop tomorrow’s Internet of Things. Over 4,000 companies have built products with Espressif’s devices.
Title: Embedded Software Developer
Type: full-time/regular, direct hire
Location: Brno, Czech Republic (new office)
Visa Sponsorship: standard
About this position:
We are looking for senior embedded software engineers with strong experience in software architecture, embedded systems, IOT solutions development, etc. The ideal candidate will feel comfortable making high level architecture decisions and implementing efficient code and best design practices.
1. Conceptualize, plan, design, analyze and implement embedded software and firmware.
2. Participate in software architecture high level design decisions.
3. Develop and maintain efficient codes written with best practices in mind.
4. Develop and maintain product documentation.
5. Work within a highly diverse technical team on cross functional integrated systems.
6. Various other tasks and projects you choose to own.
The Senior Embedded Software Engineer position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Software, Computer, or Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a specialized area, field or the equivalent and a minimum of 5 years of related work experience.
1. Proficient in C language and strong Real-Time SW development skills.
2. Scripting Languages: shell, Perl, Python or the like.
3. Microprocessors/Architectures: strong knowledge of Computer / SoC architecture, familiarity with microprocessor instruction sets is a desired.
4. Experience with RTOS desired.
5. Strong knowledge of Network protocols and layer2 MAC, preferably wireless protocols like 802.11, Bluetooth.
6 .Demonstrated experience using software development best practices – requirements capture, design reviews, code reviews, coding conventions.
What we offer:
1. Competitive salary
2. Performance bonus up to 40% of annual paycheck
3. Lunch voucher ( 120 CZK / day )
4. One extra week of paid sick leaves
5. Standard medical care and social security plan
6. Flexible work hours, up to 2 days working from home per month
7. International business trips and trainings
8. Full assistance with relocation affairs, work visa sponsorship
9. Company events, technical conference and exhibition participation
Espressif prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: 70,000.00Kč to 90,000.00Kč /month
- Brno, Jihomoravský kraj
- embedded programming: 4 years