The AbbVie intern programme has been the recipient of the gold and silver Intern programme of the year awards from Gradireland in 2017 and 2016. We offer a dynamic program which will ensure interns’ personal and professional development through a rigorous, well-defined assignments, performance management process and opportunities to get to know the business and it’s leaders. From the day one interns participate in on-boarding activities, receive extensive on the job training and participate in professional training courses that give all the tools needed for success. Assignments are structured in such a way as to give the intern the opportunity to make a measurable impact.
Our Cork Site in Carricktwohill is a
Bulk Oral Solid Dose
manufacturing site which is going undergoing a significant site expansion currently.
We are looking for an Engineering intern interested in
Value Stream Project Management
to complete a series of projects that are executed by following a product from start to finish from initial receipt of materials all the way to the final dispatch to our customer.
The manufacture of Bulk Oral Solid Dose Forms such as capsules and tablets involves a sequence of stages involving the supply of materials and consumables, the conversion of raw materials into solid dose forms using various processes such as milling, granulation, compression, coating and packing, the testing of raw materials and finished product, the confirmation that the product has been manufactured in accordance with standards and finally the dispatch of the packed product to our Customers.
The projects will include;
- Improving performance and reliability at each stage outline above.
- It is expected that successive projects would leverage the learnings from the preceding projects.
- The projects would draw on the interns core academic subjects but would also require the intern to draw on other disciplines to complete the projects.
Our Medical Devices site is AbbVie’s Global centre of excellence for design control and precision engineering in the production of drug delivery devices.
We are looking for
an Engineering intern interested in Manufacturing and Design.
Sample projects include;
- Design of jigs and fixtures for automation and metrology initially for low scale production but progressing to high volume requirements.
- Design of robotic end of arm tooling for product placement in moulding
- Assist with potential plant layout designs
- Majority of work will be completed using solid works.
- Introduction and validation of new equipment
- May suit Mechanical, Biomedical or Mech Eng with Business.
We are looking for
an Engineering intern for a role in Operations Excellence.
The successful candidate will work on manufacturing improvement projects, supply chain,
and operations excellence.
Sample projects include;
- Development of expanded warehouse and will include; Safety, Layout, Material flow, SAP Location, Office Areas, Branding & Design and Scoping out of a dedicated warehouse management system for non SAP stock.
- Supply chain;
Shipping & Logistics Planning
Global Trade Compliance (Export and Import)
NPI Product Launches
Warehousing – Lean & Visual Management
Material Management and iQA process improvements.
- PSM Purchasing;
Direct Purchasing Overview
Supplier Management and Relationships
REACH Supplier Compliance
Sourcing, Contract, Pricing Negotiations and Spend Analysis Exposure.
- Opportunity for Yellow / Green Belt Certification.
- May suit Mechanical, Mech Eng with Business.
We are looking for an
Engineering intern interested in Quality and Data Integrity
. Quality related data is generated on a minute by minute basis at AbbVie Ballytivnan. The control/integrity of this Quality related data is of utmost importance.
Sample projects will include;
- Working as part of the Quality Department team, you will play an important role is a data integrity project on site.
- You will work with software validation engineers and computer systems validations engineers in the execution of test protocols.
- Systems will include OSI Pi and the site Enterprise reporting scheduler.
- Writing validation / test reports.
- Setting up data analysis / trending process for complaints and release data.
The ideal candidate will be from an Engineering discipline, a knowledge of computers or software would be advantageous. The person should be process orientate and have high attention to detail.
Requirements for an internship with Abbvie
- Min 3.0 GPA. Bachelors or Master’s Degree student (Engineering – Mechanical, Biomedical, Material Science, Chemical & Bioprocessing Engineering)
- Completed at least one year of college education before beginning internship
- Must be enrolled in school the semester following your internship
- EU working permit
- School and/or work experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Yes, 5 % of the Time