Under the general guidance of the General Manager directs and manages all operations and employees in Housekeeping and Laundry to obtain the highest quality of cleanliness, and to provide efficient, prompt, courteous, trouble free and proactive service to customers; hence maximise guest satisfaction. All work will be in line with the hotel’s guidelines and business plan, the departmental business plan, and the Rezidor Hotel Group’s corporate guidelines and service concepts.
Position Requirements and Offer Details
• Monitors the responses on customer comment cards, identifies problem areas and formulates solutions
• Together with Floor Supervisors, conducts daily and random inspections of hotel property, all housekeeping areas, and follows-up where necessary
• Informs Front Office about accurate room status
• Makes sure that furnishing, facilities and equipment within the housekeeping areas are maintained in the cleanest possible condition, and ensures that repair and maintenance is executed when needed
• Brings all needs for repair to the attention of the Engineering Department
• Oversees inventory, purchasing, disbursement, and cost control for all linen, uniforms, cleaning supplies, guest rooms and rest rooms supplies, laundry supplies, and housekeeping related machinery and equipment
• Schedules and supervises all rotational and special cleaning programmes as required
• Secures keys in accordance with hotel’s key management guideline
• Responsible for “Lost and Found”
• Orders and keeps track of uniforms for all employees
• Checks the arrival list, conference guest list, and VIP list daily and makes sure VIP treatment is taken care of appropriately
• Is well updated in all housekeeping procedures to be a resource when needed
• Controls and analyses departmental costs on an ongoing basis; takes action to control negative deviation
• Analyses own budget, and takes corrective action and follow-up
• Assists in the development of the hotel’s annual business plan, by providing input regarding housekeeping issues
Hotel or Business Details
Park Inn by Radisson Polokwane is located in Polokwane City (formerly Pietersburg) the capital city of Limpopo, the northern most province in South Africa.
The city is 300km NW of Johannesburg accessible through the N1.The hotel is situated in the Capricorn region of Polokwane. stretches from the Ysterberg, all along the foothills of the lush Wolkberg, to the Tropic of Capricorn in the north. The region’s position makes it a perfect stopover between Gauteng Province and the northern areas of the province and between the country’s northwestern areas and the world-renowned Kruger National Park. It is also in close proximity to the neighbouring countries of Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Swaziland.
The tourism hotspots of the region are Bela-Bela hot springs (formerly Warmbaths), Nylsvlei Nature Reserve and Bela-Bela Recreational Centre.
The hotel is located to the South of the city centre, along the existing Polokwane golf course and across the road from the new Peter Mokaba sports stadium.
The hotel affords easy access to the CBD, as well as the Greater Polokwane Region incorporating new business, industrial and leisure areas.