FOOD & DRINKS OPERATIONS MANAGER, RADISSON BLU ROYAL HOTEL
The first, the one, the only……Different by Design
A truly unique opportunity has arisen for an experienced F&D Operations Manager to join the iconic Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Copenhagen. The hotel opened in 1960 and is referred to as the world’s first designer hotel. Throughout 2017 the hotel has been undergoing a total renovation of all front of house areas, including the legendary Café Royal Copenhagen, re-opening on November 2nd 2017.
Navigating through a broad range of tasks your key role will be the daily operation of the F&B outlets. We are looking for a highly committed, hands-on Leader who takes immense pride in providing personalized and 5-star service, has effective communication and coaching skills, can foster and drive engagement in the team, and someone who has a genuine interest in and deep knowledge of food & beverages.
In close cooperation with the Executive Chef and the Management Team your areas of responsibility span through the operational/service sides of the design led all-day restaurant Café Royal, room-service, minibar and Meeting & Events. Café Royal reopens with a brand new concept in November 2017, amongst other delicacies offering dry aged steaks, sharing platters, weekend brunch and Copenhagen’s most unique afternoon tea, inspired by the designs of Arne Jacobsen. Our Meeting & Event space is the newest and most sophisticated meeting and events product available in the Copenhagen market. A new era has begun at the Royal!
Are you a passionate F&B Leader ready for the next step in your career, this could be your unique opportunity to join one of the leading 5-star hotels in Denmark.
Position Requirements and Offer Details
• The daily operation of Café Royal, room-service, minibar and Meeting & Event
• Ensuring a high level of guest service – always putting the guest centre stage
• Recruiting for new team members
• Coaching and training
• Maintain expenses to budgeted levels
• Act as a Business Partner to the Management Team
• You have a strong guest service orientation with a solid record of performance
• You have a log of passion for Food & Beverage, and preferable a degree within hospitality management and/or a Sommelier background
• You speak English and preferably Danish but understand and speak on a basic level at least one Nordic language
• You can multi-task, prioritize, and have good organizational skills
• You feel confident communicating with all stakeholders and partners externally and internally
• An exciting role within one of the most prestigious hotels in Denmark
• A dedicated and ambitious team working hard on creating a unique and one-of-a-kind hotel experience
• An energetic and international working atmosphere
• Career, training and development opportunities
Please note that a valid EU working permit is a pre-requisite for this role.
Positions may be filled prior to application deadline. We therefore encourage you to apply early.
Hotel or Business Details
The Radisson Blu Royal Hotel in Copenhagen was built in 1960 as the first high-rise building in Copenhagen, the biggest hotel in Scandinavia, and the world’s first design hotel. The hotel features unique architecture meticulously designed by the famous Danish architect Arne Jacobsen, who designed every facet of the hotel – from its reflective façade to the spiral staircase and unique “Swan” and “Egg” chairs in the lobby. The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of the well-known Tivoli Gardens, the city’s central train station, and the popular shopping district.