We are an exciting gastronomic tour company with food tours in Europe, USA and Asia.
We are starting a new food tour in Bologna very soon and we are looking for someone fantastic to be our local manager/guide. We need you to have a deep understanding and great knowledge of the foods, the wines and the specialties of Bologna and Emilia Romagna.
A good knowledge of the history of the city and monuments is considered a plus.
You will have two main roles.
- Food tour guide: you will take small groups of tourists in Bologna, and make them taste some great local food and drinks. Being friendly, social and good in human relations is important.
- Manager: As Manager, you will be in charge of building the tour with our help (this is lot of fun and involves lots of eating). We have very good experience in building food tours but you will be the local expert.
- Your role will also be to manage the other guides and promoting the tour in Bologna.
- You need to be fluent in English, other languages are considered a plus.
- You need to have a deep knowledge of Bologna’s culture and food scene.
- You need to need to LOVE food and eating.
- You need to like to talk to people and tourists.
- You will need to be organised and reliable.
Contact me with a CV/resume and say why you think you could be a great food tour guide and manager. No more than 250 words.
I will conduct first round interviews on Skype/online video and second round face-2-face in the city.
We are looking for someone as a freelancer, you will be paid a fixed salary every month and also for each tour you do. There are also some great staff incentives to travel as well. [The perfect candidate is currently employed part time with at least 4 hours free in the middle of the day to do this job. This is not a full time job at the beginning, but as the tour grows with more tours going out the job can become a great source of income.]
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
All the best,
Secret Food Tours Regional Manager
Job Type: Part-time