We are now looking for Front Desk Receptionist ready to join a new and vibrant team.As a receptionist on our front desk, you play the most important role in the hotel. You create the first impression when a guest arrives – and you’re the final memory they take with them when they leave.
- Ensure that all guest accounts are setup correctly with a valid method of payment i.e. sufficient advance authorization obtained for all debit/credit cards
- Keep abreast knowledge of all products & services, ranging from daily events, services and facilities available, and marketing and promotional activities
- Maintain a positive relationship with guests and colleagues by meeting and exceeding their expectations
- Assist guests with general enquiries, providing accurate and detailed information
- Enthusiastically delivering service excellence by handling all customers’ requests and complaints to ensure their satisfaction and a high level of service
- Reply to emails, reviews and any queries received by media
- To provide professional, proficient and timely Front Office operations such as check-ins, check-outs, and reservations
- Provide an accurate handover to returning colleagues at the end of the shift
- Knowledge of computerized PMS system and ensure system is always up-to-date
- Handle guest complaints in a careful and courteous manner providing Front Office Management with sufficient backup information
- Adhere to 5 star standards at all times – maximizing revenue including up-selling of rooms whilst cross-selling of food and beverage products
- Provide expert knowledge of local amenities within the Southend-on-Sea area
We are looking for a strong and motivated person, someone who has worked in a similar role within the hospitality or travel and tourism industry. The person will be a team player who is an avid learner, adaptable and has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Previous Front Office/Reception experience within a 4/5* star environment is preferable but NOT a must
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Attentiveness, a well groomed appearance, initiative, loyalty, maturity, respect for confidentiality and discretion, a positive attitude and dependability
- Enthusiastic in delivering service excellence whilst being a team player
- Possess the ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- Has an excellent command of English, both spoken and written
- Display a polite and professional attitude to internal and external guests
- You must be able to work 12 hour shifts over a fully flexible Rota and also be committed in achieving a quality service to our guests
*Bi-lingual candidates with Spanish, Italian, Polish and German speaking are also encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time