We’re looking for engineers who empathize with the end-users of our products, care about making the world a better place, and want to be surrounded by people by other like minded individuals. We also expect you to care equally as much about honing your craft, always seeking to learn new and better ways of building and testing features that make a difference. You’ll be responsible for spearheading the development of user interfaces, business logic, and full-stack integrations.
In particular, you’ll have:
- A strong enough grasp of both Ruby itself, as well as the Rails framework, that you can help with code reviews and mentor junior Software Engineers.
- Experience working well in a distributed team environment.
- Outstanding communication skills. You can clearly share ideas with people across a myriad of mediums.
- Experience building features that matter in an agile development environment.
- You’ve talked to stakeholders to tease out requirements. You’ve written first drafts of code on your own, and made them better with feedback from your teammates.
- You write elegant, correct, fast, and highly testable code.
- Well-founded opinions that can be verbalized, and yet are able to change your mind based on new information.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability. We care about results, not who does the work. We are a lean startup. Sometimes we need to get things done, no matter who does it/helps out.
This is a 3 month contract, to help us deliver and launch version 2 of our platform. Please send over github profile and hourly rate.
Job Type: Contract