Location: Brno, Czech Republic
AT&T is the world’s premier voice, video and data communication company touching all paths of business fields such as consumers, businesses and government. Research and development capabilities of AT&T Labs procures that the company runs the world’s largest, most sophisticated communications network, and is the American largest cable operator company. The company is a lead supplier of data and Internet services to the business world which offers outsourcing, consulting and networking that is integration to large business.
The GSSI infrastructure is a datacenter-type construct used by AT&T and IBM for direct access to multiple customers’ network environments and for providing hosting services, internet access services etc. Due to the nature of the multi-customers setup in place security restrictions and policies are the paramount parameter of the service AT&T is responsible for. To deliver the top quality service we rely on the leading edge solutions produced by the key players in the networking business – Cisco, Juniper, Checkpoint, etc. The solution is always focusing on high-availability, security and scalability. Network support personnel is required to be able to comprehend and understand the complex security and design concepts of the GSSI infrastructure to be able to deliver an effective support with an opportunity to raise their expertise even further (GSSI Tier3 support, architectural-type of work).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performing network support. Operating and maintaining network components in a complex multi-vendor environment.
- Analyzing network problems, performing configuration changes on network devices and network applications.
- Implementation of security policies to control customer network traffic in complex security environments built upon multi-vendor security products (Cisco/Checkpoint/Juniper).
- Support IT network infrastructure projects with our remote teams in EMEA
- Coordinate and implement network related projects in cooperation with our customers
- Provide architectural last level solutions based on our GSSI infrastructure approach.
- Support and coordinate network infrastructure “End of Life” replacement projects.
- Cooperation on implementation of various projects in the customer’s network environment.
- Support for the architectural reviews and proposals of network environments improvement.
- Provide technical last level support (Tier 3) for your network based customer.
Network deliver specialists are expected to support customers in different time zones, which include migrations and changes in the evenings and at weekends. Therefore the position may require working on 8×5 shift model accompanied with an on-duty/on-call service to cover for the EMEA non-business hour’s events.
Key Competencies and Skills:
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Operational knowledge on CCNP level
- Enhanced knowledge of Cisco IOS or ASA/Checkpoint FW-1 or Juniper JunOS
- Great knowledge of TCP / IP (including all common used routing protocols: BGP, OSPF)
- Enhanced knowledge IP-services (DNS, DHCP)
- Enhanced knowledge of Switch and Router Configuration
- Linux skills preferred on Redhat ES 4 and 5 platforms
- Experience with various programming languages (Java/ Python/Perl/MySQL/PgSQL/YANG) is big advantage
- Knowledge or problem and change management process is advantage
- Customer and service orientation, ability to operate well in an international environment, multicultural environment
- Ability to coordinate and deploy network related infrastructure projects
- Reliability, responsiveness and flexibility, Communication Skills, High motivation, Teamwork skills
- 5+ years in real production environment
Additional Information:We offer:
- 5 weeks of vacation
- Meal vouchers
- Compensation for income loss due to sickness (after 6 months of employment)
- Centre teambuilding events
- Trainings, wide portfolio of in-house education streams to cover the majority of technologies supported by AT&T
- Commercial Certifications
- Access to the company lab equipped with state-of-the-art network devices
AT&T is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe diversity makes us stronger.