Hilton Rotterdam Hotel
The Hilton Rotterdam is located within walking distance of Rotterdam’s major conference locations, central railway station and shopping areas. Our facilities include Roots that offers a place to lunch, dine and relax.
Hilton Hotels & Resorts is one of the most recognized names in the industry. The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow’s savvy global travellers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brand’s reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member at Hilton Rotterdam. Because at Hilton Hotels & Resorts we promise an exceptional Guest experience every time.
As Receptionist, you report the Guest Service Supervisor or the Front Desk Manager. You will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Actively use the CRM system to create customer loyalty and exceed guest expectations.
- Use the HEART model to independently solve complaints and log complaints in the system asservice recoveries.
- Be fully aware of terms and conditions of the HHonors Loyalty Program and apply on a daily basis.
- Be familiar with the departmental and hotel targets regarding HHonors and use these as a focus for your work on a daily basis.
- Provide guests with information regarding the hotel, its facilities and the surrounding area, helping guests with reservations or bookings when needed and actively selling the hotels offering.
- Pass on any specific guest needs and requests to the involved departments.
- Respond to guest requests in a timely manner and follow up accordingly.
- Is able to arrange transport, delivery, storing of luggage is in an efficient, quick and orderly manner for arriving, in house and departing guests.
- Operation of the telephone system according to Hilton Brand Service Standards.
- Foreign currency exchange and cashing cheques for guests in the hotel in accordance with the credit policy.
- Preparation and processing of group arrivals and departures.
- Checking the high balance report during each shift and take action where needed in cooperation with the supervisor.
- Be familiar with the departmental and hotel targets regarding Rooms Revenue and use these as a focus for your work on a daily basis. Actively participate in the department up-sell incentive programme in order to reach the departmental up-sell targets.
- Carry out various administrative tasks.
- Carry out reporting as stated on the Front Office checklist.
- Take over supervisor tasks or special projects, which arise in the course of business.
- Independently work with OnQ Property Management System, Vision Key Card System and SmartCube Client Minibar System.
- Responsible for cash inventory allocated during shift.
- Carry out correct cashing up and report any errors accordingly.
- Independently carry out the tasks of the Front Office checklist during a shift.
- Actively sell the hotel’s facilities, making sure departmental/hotel targets are met.
- Help out in other departments when asked by Supervisor/Management.
- Have knowledge of the duties in the Executive Lounge and the tasks of the porters and be able to perform the tasks independently following Hilton Brand Service Standards and take over shifts if necessary.
- Work closely together with Team Members from all different departments to ensure guest expectations are met.
- Contribute to a positive working environment within the department.
- Supervise or guide new Team Members/Trainees.
- What are we looking for?
- Relevant education and/or experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Accountable and flexible
- Pay attention to details
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on your own and in teams
- Willingness to develop team members and yourself
- Fluent in Dutch and English
To successfully fulfill this role, you should maintain the following attitude, behaviour, skills, and values:
Hilton Hotels & Resorts