AVAST Software (www.avast.com), maker of the world’s most popular antivirus, protects more than 400 million computers and mobile devices with our security applications. In business for over 25 years, AVAST is one of the oldest companies in the computer security business, with a portfolio covering everything from free antivirus for PC, Mac, and Android, to premium suites and services for business – offered in about 40 languages.
Based in Prague, the Czech Republic, with offices in many different countries, for example, Canada, Germany, USA, Holland and Taiwan, Avast Software employs some of the brightest new talents in the IT industry, from around 30 different countries.
For our team in HQ (Prague) we are currently looking for:
Junior BI Developer
You will be mainly responsible for designing and creating ETLs and will participate in the development of company’s Data Warehouse. Most of the time you will be writing T-SQL queries to satisfy all the needs that come from business including the ad hoc queries to provide ad-hoc analysis and insight into the data. You should have outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills and a good grasp of the technical side of business intelligence. Moreover, you should be passionate about data and be interested in learning new technologies and data processing approaches.
• Database knowledge on MSSQL platform
• Advanced T-SQL knowledge
• General knowledge of databases and its principles
• Basic knowledge of indexes to improve database performance
• Programming views, stored procedures, and functions
• Experience with data modeling to visualize database structure
• Experience with SSMS
Nice to have skills:
• Experience with query troubleshooting/performance optimization (working with execution plans)
SSRS / PowerBI
• General knowledge of BI and DWH architecture
What we offer:
• Flexible working hours, home office
• many opportunities for professional growth
• Great benefits: food and drink provided all day in a company canteen, game room, music studio, fitness center, golf simulator, library, great training system and much more
• Training (big-data workshops, participation in top-notch ML conferences around the globe, manager training etc.)
• Amazing and truly international work environment
Sounds like fun? We look forward to hearing from you!