Junior HR Advisor (specialised in tech recruitment)
1 year contract. Part time position: 50 %.
Tasks and responsibilities
– End to end recruitment of technical profiles across European offices:
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruitment (incl. but not limited to agency management, job boards, social media for recruiting).
- Acting as first point of contact for all tech recruitment needs across the EUTD (with a special focus on teams based in Spain, UK and Germany) and providing general advice about job specifications, salary and compensation thresholds. This role will involve active recruitment for teams in Spain, UK and Germany and occasionally France and may involve coordinating work of a part-time EUTD recruiter dedicated to tech teams in France.
- Designing on-boarding process and content for newly hired members to the EUTD as well as keeping induction material and other introductory documents updated; ensuring that this process is conducted for each new member of EUTD across different offices in Europe.
– Acting as Advisor for EUTD for non-transactional/non-operational HR aspects, including but not limited to:
- Active support in and drive of EUTD regional structure building, including standardisation of certain cross-EUTD processes; agree on processes for smooth collaboration with local HR and hiring managers.
- Proactive in addressing global teams’ needs (e.g. team building, retention, engagement).
- Supporting smooth entry into service (e.g. liaising with local HR (local HR responsible for ops) in order to identify if visa/work permit is needed before a candidate is offered EUTD job, following up with hiring manager and local HR to lead discussion on arranging visa/work permit).
- Supporting and liaising between hiring manager and local HR (local HR responsible for operational implementation of decisions) with regard to specific discussions/decisions linked to performance management/salary reviews/bonuses, stock options, employee exit, specific training and career development needs.
- Supporting EUTD specific HR projects and building regional programs (working with HQ Tech HR), e.g. career frameworks and title standardization, specific training.
- Timely, anticipatory and proactive involvement in solving employee relation issues across EUTD locations, in close collaboration with local hiring managers and local HR (e.g. resignations, hiring/departure negotiations and advice, disciplinary issues, etc.).
- Timely organisational chart updates and maintenance of HR databases.
- Regular and ad hoc reporting to EUTD management, HQ HR management in Japan and HQ in Europe on various subjects (e.g. structured monthly and bi-annual reporting to HQ re: key HR data such as headcount, cost, resignation)
Required Qualifications and Professional Experience
- University degree in Human Resources, Psychology or Business related field
- At least 3 years in international technical recruiting and some experience on HRBP or HR generalist position would be a big asset
- Experience in tech recruiting across Europe is a must
- Experience of working with remote multicultural teams and stakeholders is a must
- Fluency in English, knowledge of French will be considered as advantageous
- Advanced level skills with Microsoft Office, experienced user of Taleo or Workday Recruitment module
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and to remote teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively under minimum supervision
- Excellent research, analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Creativity when it comes to finding new solutions and ‘packaging’ them
- A self-driven individual, enthusiastic about their work
- A customer centric focus, with a sense of urgency and strong work ethic that results in high quality work
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information in all aspects of HR
- Ability to coordinate cross functional projects
Since the founding of the Internet shopping mall Rakuten Ichiba in 1997, it has been our corporate mission to empower people and society through the Internet, while aiming to become the No. 1 Internet services company in the world.
Rakuten has expanded into a diverse array of one-stop online services in Japan across the three pillars of e-commerce, digital content and financial services.
Rakuten is now accelerating its overseas expansion and growing its regional businesses with offices across Europe. Rakuten Europe comprises of various functions, including the management and support of our businesses by the Regional Headquarters in Luxembourg. In Europe we have e-commerce marketplaces including Rakuten’s Rakuten.co.uk in the UK, Priceminister in France, Rakuten.de in Germany, Rakuten.at in Austria and Rakuten.es in Spain. In addition to our logistics business ADS (based in France) and Rakuten Marketing, Rakuten is expanding its digital content offering which now includes Rakuten Kobo, Wuaki.tv and Viber end-user mobile application amongst others. Today Rakuten Group is in the Top 10 of global e-commerce companies and was selected by Forbes to be in the Top 20 of World’s Most Innovative Companies in three consecutive years.
If you are interested in becoming part of an organization that aims to empower society and become the World’s best, join the company where YOU shape the future. Come and work with us!
English Requirement: Fluent Level
To Recruiting Agencies: Rakuten does not accept candidate referrals or resumes/CVs from recruitment agencies with whom Rakuten does not have a contract. Rakuten will not accept any claim for payment based on unsolicited referrals or resumes/CVs.