The Learning and Development Coordinator will have a key role in supporting the management and ensuring the quality of our CEMA & WESA regional training events. These events are essential for consulting staff in building core capabilities, helping them to develop their regional network and providing them affiliation opportunities.
The events include, but are not limited to: the European Basic Skills Training 1 and 2, the PL Readiness, New Principal Training, Senior Principal Training and Train-the-Trainer events. Program sizes range from around 30 to 200 participants and take place throughout the year in a variety of locations in Europe.
Main responsibilities will include providing participant and presenter coordination, onsite support and coordination, maintaining the Training Online database and conducting data analysis. In addition, this role will require developing a strong working relationship with Learning and Development teams and coordinators across the region in order to effectively prepare and execute events. The regional Learning and Development team is a dynamic group, constantly evolving with the needs of the business, and it is very likely that the roles and responsibilities will evolve over time.
The expected level of autonomy and responsibility at the beginning will vary in accordance with the experience level of the new team member. The role at coordinator level requires significant autonomy and ability to drive his/her area of responsibility. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordination and on-site hosting of training programs
- Coordination with participants. This includes inviting and confirming participants in coordination with local offices, preparing communications, creating and analyzing pre-surveys and feedbacks, following up on cancellations and being the contact person for all participant questions onsite and offsite
- On-site hosting during the program (3-5 days) including welcoming participants and trainers and opening the training as representative from BCG
- Supporting the management of the internal and external presenters. This includes scheduling, communication, briefing, feedback process, contracting and invoicing for presenters.
- Coordinating and contracting with external providers (hotels, taxi, restaurant etc.)
- Creating top quality event materials, including presenter briefing books and feedback slides, which are then shared with senior BCG presenters
- Maintaining training management database in Training Online. This includes data entry, queries and analyses.
- Proactively suggest improvements on processes, activities and procedures
- Supporting yearly planning process – scheduling training events etc.
- Supporting the Management in planning, budgeting and cost control
- Assitant to the Head of the department (10% of capacity)
Basic Job Requirements
- Vocational training in Event Management/Hotel/Tourism or bachelor degree in in the same area preferred and an interest in Learning & Development
- 2-4 years working experience in Event Management or within an orgnisational role preferred
- Willingness and enthusiasm to travel in Europe
- Proven international experience during studies or professional employment
- Fluency in the English language (oral and written)
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a virtual team environment, partnering across functions, geographies, cultures and staff levels within BCG and with our external partners
- Flexibility to travel to onsite trainings as required
- Ability to connect and link at all levels in a winning style
- Excellent organization and time management skills, including ability to multi-task and adapt to last minute changes and needs
- Patience and ability to handle stressful situations
- Experience in handling and planning for large budgets; number driven with a high attention to detail and precision
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (including PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- Interest and affinity for learning and using other online tools, such as Training Online, Vovici
- Second language (German, Spanish or French) would be beneficial
- Self starter, proactive and resourceful by nature
- This role will ideally be seated closely with Regional Learning and Development team. This is a “virtual” team, with colleagues currently based in Munich, Madrid, London and New Delhi. Daily communication and contact through phone and e-mail, in person-meetings usually at and around training events and beyond as necessary
- The workload will vary over the course of the year, depending on the schedule of training events
- Expected travel is apprx 30% of working capacity and will include approximately 10 events per year, ranging from 2 to 5 days each and based in Europe.
- Must be able to perform successfully in a fast-paced, intellectually intense, service-oriented environment and to interpret rules and guidelines flexibly to enhance the business and in keeping with BCG’s values and culture
- Experience working successfully within a complex matrix structured organization is essential
- It is necessary to have the ability to understand and manage complex reporting relationships and incorporate multiple cultures
Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.