Lodging Content Associate – 12 months maternity cover
In this role, the successful candidate will support the quality and accuracy of content for hotel partners on Expedia and Hotels.com brand websites. This fast-paced role offers a great opportunity for goal and process-driven people with a fine eye for detail to work on one of Expedia’s exciting strategic initiatives. Lodging Content Associates onboard newly affiliated hotels, adding property amenities, photos, star ratings, and hotel data such as name and location, all within a due date. They ensure that the product is complete and competitive, building room types and rate plans where required, and ensuring rates and inventory are loaded by the hotel or via their Channel Manager.
Successful candidates will complete work to program standards, while working and communicating with sales teams (Market Managers), hoteliers, and colleagues from content, media, star ratings, data management, and localization teams. Successful candidates will possess solid customer-service skills and be able to interact clearly and professionally with partners by email and telephone. Candidates will need to successfully pass a comprehensive content test inclusive of writing test samples. Fluency in English is required. This is a full-time and onsite position in the Stockholm office of Expedia, Inc. Please apply only if you feel you will fit in with a strong team whose members are exceptionally conscientious, hardworking, and thorough.
- Help create new hotel content and perform ongoing maintenance of hotel content by capturing and confirming data about property amenities, on-site services, and contact information. This involves calling the hotel to gather information as well as using a checklist to ensure requisite data is gathered, and will be performed Norwegian and English languages.
- Ensure that the product is complete and competitive, building room types and rate plans where required, and ensuring rates and inventory are loaded by the hotel or via their Channel Manager
- Loading promotions for the properties, as agreed by the Market Manager during contracting
- Edit existing hotel content in English, including paragraphs, amenities, and photos; address change requests, clarifying details, when necessary, while adhering to style guidelines, defined processes, classifications, and image standards; call the hotel to gather information; and answer a checklist of questions about the property
- Assign star ratings within star rating criteria guidelines, and categorizing by themes and structure types
- Solidly understand different lodging/property types in the travel industry and the differing services and amenities featured
- Make decisions and apply content appropriately following defined processes and classifications
- Acquire photos through web scraping and contacting hotels; moderate and load photos; classify photos per criteria
- Work efficiently towards daily targets and team metrics (due dates); complete all work to program standards as defined for each process; focus on continuous improvement
- Train hotel partners on tools and processes that will optimize their products on our sites
- Provide project support for other content tasks, as assigned
Work Experience and Education Guidelines:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Hospitality/Hotel Management, or English/Communications
- Hotel-industry experience required
- 2 years of content experience at an e-commerce site is a plus
- Fluency in written and spoken Norwegian and English languages.
- Thorough understanding of the hotel industry and differing amenities that appear in different types of hotel product
- Excellent writing, spelling, and grammar skills in English, with strong attention to detail, speed, and accuracy
- Ability to learn quickly and ask good questions
- Able to complete work to program standards by making independent decisions by applying definitions & criteria
- Knowledge of photo production, aesthetics and digital media a plus
- Excellent ability to work and learn independently, as well as collaborate with larger teams
- Excellent telephone manner
- Fluency with Internet and online search; ability to learn new software, tools, and technical processes quickly
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and quality-control abilities
- Open communication with colleagues to share best practices and flexibility to adhere to process improvements
- Proven ability to resolve a high volume of work in a deadline-driven environment or work queue
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook required; experience with Access a plus
- Experience working with SharePoint, Salesforce, and content management tools a plus
- Editorial or content experience at an e-commerce site a plus
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.