The Chicago Bears are looking to hire a Marketing Coordinator. This individual will support all areas of Marketing with an emphasis on fan development and engagement. The individual will work closely with key stakeholders (internal and external) on ideation, implementation and execution of a variety of marketing programs. This includes, but is not limited to: multicultural engagement, youth engagement, female/family engagement, out-of-market initiatives, asset coordination, and more.
The Marketing department touches on all aspects of the Bears brand and is a central cog in how the Bears brand is marketed, promoted and sold. The Marketing Coordinator will work with the Manager of Marketing to effectively communicate and present ideas related to marketing strategy and how it ultimately builds the next generation of Bears fans. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage processes and business relationships are a must. The Coordinator will work closely with the Manager of Marketing to plan and budget for projects and initiatives across internal departments. Must be positive, enthusiastic and dedicated.
- Fan Pipeline/Year-Round Engagement: Understand how to cultivate Bears fans from youth through maturity. Work closely with Manager of Marketing to build youth engagement, multicultural/Hispanic engagement, family engagement, out-of-market initiatives, plus future platforms. Assist in building and executing content plans for fan programs. He or she must be able to understand and apply data analytics where applicable to measure performance of Bears fan initiatives.
Multicultural Fan Engagement: Assist Director of Marketing and Manager of Marketing with planning and strategy for multicultural marketing and Hispanic fan development. Work with Manager of Marketing to grow the Bears Hispanic fan platform, ¡Vamos Bears!. Collaborate with internal departments, Bears partners and Bears marketing agency to strategize, plan for and execute various fan touchpoints (i.e. digital engagement, community events, sweepstakes, contests, etc.).
- Youth Engagement: Work with Manager of Marketing on important strategic and tactical executions to ensure sustained growth and engagement for the Chicago Bears Kids Club and Crib Club. Responsible for day-to-day coordination of Kids Club and Crib Club efforts including but not limited to: kit item procurement, promotional planning, database management, newsletters, sweepstakes and contests, and events. He or she will be responsible for building, designing and executing email marketing communication. Work with Marketing team and other departments to strategize engagement with Bears fans 0-17. Work with Community Relations to grow youth football participation (i.e. IHSA, etc.).
- Family and Out-of-Market Fan Engagement: Assist Director of Marketing and Manager of Marketing to develop a business plan to grow family engagement and out of-market fan touchpoints. Help to strategize, plan for and execute fan touchpoints including but not limited to: newsletters, events and content generation, etc.
- Event and Sweepstakes Promotions: Support Marketing team to execute promotional plans for fan events and sweepstakes (i.e. Kids Club sweepstakes). Support the execution of promotional plans and ensure they are reaching goals related to building engagement with priority fan segments.
- Other: Utilize primary and secondary research to extract important consumer insights. Ensure the Bears are engaging with fans via the most effective and forward-looking marketing mediums (social media, mobile/tablet applications, etc.). Assist with Bears events as needed. Assist Marketing and other teams across the organization with game day promotions as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, communications, etc.
- Minimum 2 (two) years experience in marketing and promotions with an understanding of budgets. Direct experience in sports and/or entertainment marketing is a plus.
- Important to have understanding of marketing, advertising & promotions, research, analytics…and how it all comes together to improve customer engagement and drive revenue.
- Important to have understanding of emerging consumer media, including communication via mobile device, social media, aspects of digital marketing, etc.
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects at all times.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and strong computer skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess the ability to work with many personalities.
- Must have ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have strong analytical skills and be process-oriented.
- Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings. This includes home games that fall on weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Knowledge of database marketing and automated campaigns a plus. (i.e. Eloqua)
- Knowledge of Scarborough Research or similar program a plus.
- Experience with social listening tool (i.e. Spredfast) a plus.