Operations – Customer Services Officer
Location: London, E14 9SH
Salary: Up to £35,000 per annum, depending on experience
About BFC Bank:
We are proud to enter the UK market as its newest challenger bank, after receiving authorisation by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Based on our ethos of fairness and transparency, BFC Bank will offer low-cost basic corporate banking products for small and medium-sized enterprises and payment service providers with a strong emphasis on international transactions and multi-currency cash management, as well as UK domestic payments.
About the role:
The Customer Services Officer works as part of the Operations Team reporting directly into the Customer Services Manager. This team member will be primarily responsible for account opening, dealing with all customer queries, setting up users on the Bank’s online banking module, ensuring customer information is kept up to date and maintaining the Bank’s static data.
Main duties will include;
- Be the first point of contact for all customer queries, ensuring the telephone calls are answered promptly and efficiently, in a polite manner.
- Set up and implement/manage the password/token process for the on-boarding of new and existing users to the Banks’ online banking module (OlyWeb)
- Deal with lost, stolen and mislaid passwords for the online banking module and be the first point of contact for misuse of online banking system (OlyWeb)
- Identify and escalate incidents and areas of risk or problems to the Customer Services Manager and Department Head.
- Ensure process workflows and procedures are reviewed and updated where appropriate and identify where change and process improvement could be introduced
- Additional tasks as requested by Customer Services Manager
- Manage the customers’ on-boarding process, account opening forms, on-line banking credentials, etc.
- Responsible for all aspects of account opening, ongoing account maintenance including current accounts, term deposits and loan administration
- Maintain a complete and current database of Standard Settlement Instructions (SSIs) on Fossil and Olympic with approved counterparties
- Manage correspondent banks and counter-parties on-boarding, account opening and closure
- Ensure Conditions Precedent relating to new Drawdowns are met and liaise with the Credit Committee accordingly
- Set up new Facilities approved by the Credit Committee on Olympic
- Maintain approved limits on Olympic for trading currencies, customers, counter-parties, countries, settlement, etc.
- Maintain and update corporate customers’ mandates
- Maintain and update BFC Banks’s mandates in all Correspondent Banks
- Maintain legal documentation of clients and transactions
- Maintenance of any non-transactional data in order to preserve a clear segregation of duties between transactional and static data
Education/Skills & Experience
Ideally educated up to A ‘Levels, combined with relevant exposure in an equivalent position in a regulated Financial Institution.
- Minimum of 2 years’ Financial Services experience in customer services with knowledge of inputting, managing and maintaining static data information
- Knowledge of Payments investigations and exceptions handling i.e. Faster Payments and SWIFT
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong organisational and analytical skills
- Customer focused; proven ability to provide superior customer service
- Internal and external stakeholder management
- Microsoft Office, Visio and various proprietary systems
What we have to offer:
This will be a full-time position, paying a basic salary of up to £35,000 per annum, depending on experience plus benefits.
Please apply for this position online – no agencies please.
BFC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Job Type: Full-time
- payments investigations: 3 years
- Banking Customer Services: 5 years