To keep all the funfair rides and equipments in the functionally operational conditions to ensure utmost safety of guests and ensuring world class guest experience of funfair rides.
The Ride Operations Manager is responsible for the overall day-to-day operations of the rides and attractions through efficient and effective planning and implementation of funfair policies and guidelines and by leading, motivating and directing diverse team of staff in a variety of operational responsibilities. Responsible for the safe and highest guest experience standards in the operations of the rides and attractions at Global Village Funfair.
Principal Accountabilities/Key Results Area
Planning and implementing strategies, programs and initiatives to achieve continuous improvements in Guests and employee satisfaction.
Oversee the hiring, training and supervision of the department’s seasonal staff and engaging them to deliver world class services and care.
Thorough walking and climbing along all areas of each ride, monitors the operation of all rides through visual and auditory observations to ensure safe and proper operation. Communicates concerns and needs to subordinates and other departments through verbal and written communication.
Oversee the cleanliness of the Funfair’s rides and related facilities for ensuring superior guest experience.
Planning and executing efficient que management system ensuring a better guest flow management.
Oversee the effective application of HSE regulations and risk assessment to ensure a safe environment for pubic and employees.
Closely examine all departments operating areas to ensure proper staffing levels and track and account for variances.
Review all ride operations manuals and standards and recommends changes or action needed when appropriate.
Implement and monitor approved Standard Operating Procedures for each and every ride and device in the funfair, including ride break-down or emergency situations to ensure the safety of all guests and employees.
Read, review and approve all ride operations documents and reports, and recommend changes or action needed when appropriate.
Adhere to and enforce all Global Village policies and procedures, including HSE, and demonstrate a commitment to guest service in all aspects of funfair operations.
Liaise with all relevant government agencies and external partners as it relates to Fun Fair operations.
Manages the process of identifying, finding, ordering and storing consumables and supplies.
Works closely with Maintenance Department, Duty Manager and Finance Department to ensure proper service delivery on agreed terms.
(Indicate the minimum recruitment specifications & also the ideal person specifications for fully satisfactory job performance)
- Must possess a Degree or a Diploma or its equivalent.
- Preferably with a fair knowledge of international standards (i.e. EN 13814, ASTM standards related to Amusement rides and devices), Federal, local and other regulatory agencies rules and regulations.
- Five years of operations experience including two years in managerial/ operations supervision position.
- Must have handled operations responsibility in a complex environment where multiple stakeholders are involved and safety is a prime consideration
Job Specific Skills:
- Fluent written and spoken English and Arabic (desirable)
- Mental and emotional capability to make sound decisions quickly during potentially life-threatening situations in the event of an emergency in funfair.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate not only with senior management but with seasonal employees in resolving problems.
- Must possess the ability to work closely with multiple channels.
- Must possess the mental and physical capabilities necessary to perform the job duties.
- Must be able to access all areas of the park.
- Must be able to train others on the safe usage of equipment.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all-weather condition
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Working knowledge of ride operations, procedures, and Safety systems.
Developing self and others
Service oriented mindset