– Master degree or PhD: Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biology, Chemistry, Bio/Chemical Engineering or any other applicable scientific discipline.
– 7-10 years in Pharmaceutical industry, with specific experience in a quality and/or validation role and knowledge of quality systems and vaccines regulations.
– Very good knowledge of French and English.
The QA Primary Validation Specialist/Coordinator must be able to :
– Understand quickly the characteristics and the mechanism of a broad range of production equipment and process including their potential impact on product and patient safety,
– Use a risk based approach for problem solving and prioritization of tasks,
– Blow a quality and compliance mindset through the validation activities,
– Develop and continuous improve expertise linked to the primary validation activities – expert on the field, technical and regulatory watch over, linked with global and corporate expertise functions,
– Be a strong advocate for validation approaches and activities during internal and external audits.
The function requires :
– A knowledge of good practices in biopharmaceuticals,
– A knowledge of different regulations and standards related to validation activities,
– To maintain and keep up to date its knowledge and experience necessary to the function,
– To be a good team player in order to success in each validation project,
– Good interpersonal relationship skills,
– Problem solving and achievement oriented.
Job Purpose :
The QA Primary Validation Specialist/coordinator is part of the QA Operations for one MPU. He/She ensures the QA oversight of the continuous validation activities for one or several vaccine bulk production units.
Mains objectives of this function are :
– To take part in the establishment, the implementation, the follow-up and the maintenance of the continuous validation plan (CVP),
– To define the validation strategies through the change control process (RPC),
– To write and implement some validation documentation (VP, VSR, Risk Assessment, Gap Analysis),
– To review and approve specific qualification and validation documentation (IQ, OQ, PQ, PV),
– To ensure the correct application of the validation quality systems on the field and to define improvement plan as required,
– To support the production & technical services teams in the implementation of the validation activities,
– To ensure the adequate management of validation deviation (be QA GMP Responsible) and potentials CAPA (be Compliance Authority),
– To act as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) for one specific validation topic across Belgium sites.
Key Responsibilities :
– To ensure an efficient and compliant CVP implementation,
– To provide a compliance and business expertise for some specific technical subjects,
– To act as a key person during both, internal and external inspection,
– Challenge, review and approve qualification and validation (URS, IQ, OQ, PQ, PV, equivalence certificate, requalification protocol/report, design qualification) documentation and ensure they are written in accordance with the GSK Vaccines standards and procedures,
– Write some validation (VP, PQ, PV, VSR, PVMP, PQMP, PR, Annual assessment) documentation according to the GSK Bio standards and procedures,
– Ensure adequate oversight and follow-up on the validation deviations both in terms of content (root cause and CAPA),
– Ensure timely escalation to Management of critical issues during validation and/or project,
– Perform internal audit (L2) of validation activities,
– Pro-actively identify potential quality and compliance risks and manage these risks trough the risk register and quality plan process,
– Provide a compliance in the projects,
– Attend all project meetings as QA expert,
– Support from a compliance point of view the MPU Product&Process, Production and QA Operations for validation topics. Build a strong partnership with these key stakeholders,
– Support the validation approach and decision during internal and external inspection and prepare the strategy of defense with MPU Product&Process, Production and QA Operations,
– Ensure implementation of validation related commitments towards internal and external authorities and organize the follow-up.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Quality Departments is responsible for setting up all global rules and regulations to ensure GSK vaccine products are manufactured, tested, released and distributed in compliance with regulatory requirements.
The QA Belgium departments manage all product quality related activities in industrial operations in Belgium, including regulatory compliance. The scope covers any action that potentially impacts final product quality. The QA Belgium department is also responsible for the release of final products made in Belgium and abroad.
Quality for Research & Development in partnership with R&D teams promotes quality and enables them ensuring activities of Research & Development are delivered in a compliant and sustainable way, in order to guarantee patient safety, company and regulators satisfaction, as well as successful product pipeline delivery.
GSK is one of the world’s leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world’s leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world’s countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.