The QA role will participate in an iterative software development model, produce test plans, execute test plans, execute usability tests and ensure that the quality of the software delivered is up to standard.
• Responsible for Quality Assurance of Interoute’s software development projects.
• Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
• Backend database testing in Microsoft SQL environment including validating stored procs, jobs and triggers.
• Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan.
• Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
• Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results.
• Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
• Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management.
• Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
• Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
• 4+ years of testing and QA experience
• Proven track record of testing software programmes and contributing to the quality of the development.
• Good data collection, management and analysis
• Experience with Agile Scrum a must
• Flexible, proactive individual with a quality assurance background.
• Responsible person capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Able to work within tight time-scales and manage priorities as required.
• For any implemented hardware and software, performing the following activities to timescales and constraints communicated by the team leader.
• Reviewing Requirements and Design Documents to determine the scope of testing.
• Produce a Test Plan, scoping the testing to be performed at a high level.
• Create Test Scripts, using Test Director, to implement that Test Plan.
• Produce a Test Report, summarising the testing performed.
• Participate in informal and formal reviews of the above.
• Provide support for demonstrations and trials (in-house and on site).
• Test Scripts will support both confidence testing and the evidencing against requirements.