Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
In close liaison with SCI-OP and in collaboration with the SCI-OQ, the main tasks includes the following:
- Develop and maintain CM (including documentation management) plan applicable to the specific mission/project;
- Contribute to develop and maintain CM procedures and practices applicable to SCI-O and customized per mission where needed;
- Provide feedback to SCI-OQ to support the development and maintenance of configuration control procedures and practices applicable to SCI-O;
- Ensure that all authorized changes are implemented in accordance with the software configuration management plan;
- Define and implement the configuration identification (items, baselines, versions, etc.) process;
- Responsible of the configuration item storage (libraries, environments, media control, etc.);
- Define and implement procedures configuration change control for the project;
- Define and implement the configuration status accounting process (e.g. releases);
- Provide the software release document and CIDL when needed;
- Maintain configuration item lists for missions, products and systems;
- Manage document releases to the document repository in conformance with the document management plan;
- Convene and support CCB meetings;
- Support test preparation, (data, HW, procedures, etc.);
- Support TRR and TRBs and the setup and maintenance of the test environment when needed;
- Maintain methods and tools relevant to CM activities (e.g. JIRA);
- Perform routine user maintenance tasks for CM tools;
- Support the selection and implementation of the development environment and verify availability to developers and users on time.
The Ideal Candidate
The key person should bring a Master Degree in a relevant area together with at least 4 years of experience with tasks in the same area as the ones listed above along with the following:
- Relevant professional experience of several years in:
- Project Support activities;
- Contract management;
- Configuration management;
- Organisation of meetings;
- IT web based technologies and WINDOWS / MAC systems;
- Elaboration of management and technical documentation;
- Good knowledge of project management standards and concepts;
- Good knowledge of standard configuration control methods and practices;
- Good knowledge of configuration control tools (e.g. JIRA);
- Good familiarity with ESA Standards, Frameworks and Tools.
In addition, the candidate should:
- Possess excellent communications skills. Be able to document their work;
- Feel comfortable in an international working environment and be fluent in English; a high level of written and spoken English is essential.
Please note that the closing date for applications is on 18/10/2017.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application.
Relocation assistance provided (if applicable).
Fixed term contract and 20 hrs/week.
About the Company
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 60,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies – We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you