Scope Of Work:
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Director of Sales & Marketing within the limits of the established policies, procedures oversees and implements all sales activities in his/her specific area of responsibility.
1. Implements all sales action plans related to his/her market segmentation as outlined in the Business Plan.
2. Attends major travel functions (i.e. trade shows, associations) that deal specifically with his/her designates area(s).
3. Establishes and maintains files on major active accounts within his/her designated area(s) as part of the central filing systems.
4. Promotes and produces sales leads for other hotels.
5. Provides feedback to the Director of Sales & Marketing on changing marketing conditions, includes trends in the competition, as a result of direct sales solicitation, telephone and direct mail, in his/her market areas.
6. Arranges FAM/Site inspection trips to hotels by major clients and accompanies clients.
7. Disseminates sales related information to other departments as appropriate through the Director of Sales & Marketing.
8. Maintains a high level of exposure in the hotel in major market areas through direct sales solicitation; telephone contacts, and written communications.
9. Submit weekly sales activity report to the Director of Sales & Marketing
10. Establishes and monitor a Monthly Sales Report.
11. Monitors new accounts and monthly productivities and report back.
12. Develops prospects accounts, and implement a Sales Action Plan for each account.
13. Drawing up offers and contracts and general correspondence with guests concerning his/ her segment.
14. Demonstrates the 12-Service Excellence Basics.
15. Keeps updated with new product in the market.
16. Attends all hotel trainings as required.
17. Adheres to all HR and hotel policies and procedures.
18. Continually strives to improve self; knowledge and skills.
19. Sells and promotes hotel and facilities at every opportunity.
20. Constant follow-up of tentative/request groups to secure confirmation.
21. Actively participates in all hotel energy saving and recycling initiatives.
22. Attends departmental meetings as required.
23. Ensures that the appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniform and appearance are maintained at all times.
24. Strictly adheres to the hotel’s policy on Confidentiality and Ethics.
25. Actively participate in all EHSMS requirements.
26. To carry out any additional tasks and projects as requested by the Director of Sales & Marketing.
Competencies & Skills
Impact & Influence
Learning and Continuous Development
Outgoing & Friendly
Patient & Kind
Sense of Humour
Knowledge & Language
Basic Working Knowledge of Creating Sales & Marketing Strategies
Basic Working Knowledge of Creating and Maintaining Business Accounts
Intermediate Spoken and Written English
Basic Working Knowledge of OPERA /PMS Systems
Basic Working Knowledge of On-Line Distribution Channels
Advanced Spoken and Written English
High School Graduate
Industry Based Certifications
Minimum 2-Years Experience Working in Sales/Customer Service
Minimum 2-Years Experience in Sales Within the Hospitality and Travel Industries
Minimum 2-Years Experience in Sales Within the Hospitality and Travel Industries in the UAE/GCC