The Professional Officer acts as a first line facilitator to SIT’s students on hands-on and practical activities such as labs, student projects and IWSP to enhance the students’ technical problem solving skills and increase their preparedness for industry.
- Supervise and mentor Hospitality Business (HB) students on Integrated Work Study Programme (IWSP). Supervise Hospitality Business students on Industry Attachment(IA) to prepare them for IWSP.
- Support Career Services in identifying and securing IWSP positions for the HB programme.
- Maintain industry relations for the programme in particular during IA/IWSP and, including handling concerns about students from the IWSP provider. Assist with HB events involving industry partners, students and / or candidates, as well as attend and support industry association meetings such as SACESO, STB, etc.
- Work with Faculty to coordinate with industry partners on Capstone project work after IWSP, as well as assist students with making connections for the research. Coordinate the final presentations of the Capstone projects to include the employers’ supervisor.
- In consultation with Faculty, plan, procure and manage industry software program and conduct lab sessions to students.
- Have at least 5 years of relevant work experience in the hospitality industry, Hotels, MICE, Tourism, etc. with good knowledge of industry practices and technological applications in the field.
- Extensive industry network and familiar with Industry operating system such as DELPHI, OPERA and etc would be advantageous.
- Have a degree in hospitality management or business from a recognized University. Possessing a Master’s degree will be advantageous.
- Professional Officers appointed at senior levels may have managerial responsibilities.