DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT: October-December 2017.
Terre des hommes is looking to hire a consultant for the Child Protection Hub for South East Europe project (ChildHub).
ChildHub is a regional initiative that promotes continuous improvements of child protection practices and policies in South East Europe through a participatory approach and community of practices. ChildHub community is increasing regional cooperation by interacting and sharing knowledge both online and offline, in particular through the web platform, www.childhub.org. This interactive platform brings together 3200 child protection professionals from Europe and beyond where they exchange experiences and knowledge, learn from each other, offer and receive support.
The role of the social media consultant is to develop and guide a social media strategy. The ultimate goal of the social media strategy is to strengthen ChildHub online community, mobilize members’ engagement, increase collaboration, usage and sharing of the ChildHub’s resources, thus making this community of practice even stronger and more influential for better protection of children.
1. Discuss with the ChildHub development team the goals and expected results of integration of social media into the platform.
2. Brief the team on existing possibilities, technical features, approaches, etc.
3. Based on the goals agreed develop a social media / social networking strategy and an action plan to guide its implementation. The strategy should aim to promote collaboration, exchanges and ensure active mobilization of the members’ engagement; strengthen the online community as well as increase visibility, membership and traffic across the ChildHub platform.
4. Guide implementation (no actual programming is required) of priority areas of the strategy relating to: a. Increased user engagement and membership on the ChildHub; b. Opportunities to enable integration with major social media platforms such as LinkedIn and Facebook, if this is deemed the appropriate approach.
5. Define and monitor targets and benchmarks to measure the success of the social media strategy.
PROFILE OF THE CANDIDATE:
a. at least 5 years of proven experience in applying social media strategies
b. thorough knowledge of the working mechanisms of social networking sites (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+)
c. background in online marketing, communication and/or IT
d. experience in consulting
e. knowledge of the South-East European region
f. proficiency in English
g. availability for short-term consultancy
h. prior knowledge of ChildHub is an advantage
i. use of asana as a project management tool is an advantage
j. candidates should provide evidence of social media work through links to the respective sites.
Interested candidates should send their CV and motivation letter by September 12th 2017 , detailing hourly rate in EUR, minimum chargeable hours and estimated duration in hours to complete assignment. Please include “Social Media Consultant” as the subject of your email.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
Job Type: Contract
- Social Media Marketing: 5 years