Sourcefabric is seeking a software engineer to join the Airtime Pro team. Looking for your next challenge? Read on.
WHAT IS AIRTIME PRO?
Airtime Pro is one of the leading platforms for streaming radio on the web, allowing anyone to schedule tracks and go live with their own internet radio station.
Airtime Pro is built by a nonprofit organisation, Sourcefabric, which builds a variety of open source tools for media organisations all over the world.
- You’ve been there before… You have an excellent understanding of object-oriented design and design patterns.
- You’re a generalist… You’re fluent in a couple of programming languages, and you’re comfortable diving into new code and finding ways to improve it.
- You know the web. You have experience building web applications with at least one major web framework.
- You know Linux. You’re comfortable with a shell and have experience with a variety of open source software such as PostgreSQL and Apache.
WHILE THE FOLLOWING AREN’T DEAL BREAKERS, IT’D BE GREAT IF YOU HAD:
- A BSc or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field, MSc preferred
- Experience with SaaS products.
- Deep knowledge of Linux system internals and low-level tools (think strace and gdb)
- A working knowledge of deployment and operational best practices for large web applications (continuous integration & delivery, etc.)
- Well versed in modern development practices (Agile, TDD)
- A background with digital audio or streaming media is a plus
- Airtime Pro is architected as a multi-tenant PHP web application, with mission-critical supporting services written in Python, and a third-party audio engine rendering playback.
- You’ll join a dynamic, small, and ambitious team of developers as we create and scale out the best radio platform on the web.
- As a developer, you’ll be responsible for the design and engineering of new features for our core application, but will also have the opportunity to work on many different systems. You will be supported by other developers, a DevOps team, and designers.
- Writing and reviewing application code.
- Designing implementations for new features that meet requirements.
- Working on the front end, back end, and other services complementing the platform.
- Participating in a modern, Agile development process.
- Collaborating with DevOps engineers, designers, and other developers.
- Documenting and deploying what you build.
WHAT WE OFFER
We grow relationships, not just technology
At Sourcefabric, we know how to work hard, but we also know how to have fun. Our employees are so much more than their jobs, and we recognise that and celebrate it in many ways.
- Fast paced, small and agile teams: Work in small, agile teams that move fast and break stuff following best development practices.
- A competitive package, including flexible working arrangements and benefits.
- An international environment: Find yourself surrounded by talented team members from across the globe (over 14 countries to be specific).
HOW TO APPLY
Tell us a little bit about yourself (including how you heard about this position)
Please send your CV, a short motivational letter, examples of projects you’ve worked on (if you have a Github profile, please share the link) and your salary expectations.
* Please note that we only consider applications submitted by individuals, recruiting agencies should refrain from contacting us.
Job Type: Contract