Google’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables. You design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
Google aspires to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that our products and technology serve. We believe that, in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic in order to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Handle individual project priorities, deadlines and assigned operations.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in programming with C++ and/or Java.
- Experience working with two or more of the following: web application development, Unix/Linux platforms, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, large/security software development.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Master’s degree or PhD, or further education in Engineering, Computer Science or other related technical field.
- Experience working in an Engineering, Computer Science or other related technical field.
- Ability to learn other programming languages as needed.