Senior Network System Engineer, CCNP, CCIE, Cisco Nexus (5000,3000, 1000V) CISCO UCS,ITIL, VMWare, F5 Load Balancers, Hitachi UCP, VBlock, Nutanix
My client is a market leading consultancy based in Prague in the Czech Republic who are looking for an experienced Senior Network Engineer.
- Responsible for architecture, design, deployment, configuration and administration of Network components used in Private Cloud platforms (Vblock, Nutanix, Hitachi UCP.)
- Responsible for Level 4 support for all network related issues.
- Organise and coordinate the activities associated with installation, deployment, and upgrade or repairs of network infrastructure.
- Consult with and make recommendations to Architecture, Service Management and Project teams in deploying applications on the Private Cloud Platform.
- Design, coordinate and execute migrations to Private Cloud Platforms
- Create and keep up to date Work Instructions for operational activities
Help in sizing and validating solution design.
- Support (L4) day-to-day operations of Private Cloud Infrastructure (Vblock, Nutanix, Hitachi UCP etc.)
- Perform configuration changes to Private Cloud network infrastructure.
- Define and document infrastructure standards and operating procedures.
- Proactive capacity monitoring and remediation.
- Provide technical expertise for planning and defining upgrade requirements: perform feasibility and performance studies including benchmarking, capacity planning, and sizing of network architecture.
- Create new system recommendations to meet user needs, including network configurations and installation planning.
- Provide technical recommendations regarding Cloud computing: specifically, automation and self-service related toolsets.
- Report major outages, service interruptions, and service failures to the user community and assist in the analysis of the interruptions when they occur.
- Manage Security rights and privileges to ensure access control is configured to maximise resource output while maintaining the best level of security possible.
- Provide technical leadership to third party vendor (BT, Wipro, VCE, EMC, HCL, HDS, Nutanix etc.) project teams, which will include project work at customer sites.
- Maintain knowledge of latest trends in storage infrastructure solutions and align platform architecture with Private Cloud strategy.
- Co-ordinate with Quality Managers to ensure that all required processes and procedures are followed and deviations/exception are documented properly.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Achieve agreed targets in terms of quality, time and cost.
- Ensure operational stability.
- Implement strategies to allow ongoing operational upgrades and ever-greening of technical solutions.
- Ensure that the system remains qualified and that all new processes go through a proper vetting as determined by quality management.
- Adhere to vendor (VMWare/Cisco/EMC/HDS) best practices whenever possible to ensure operational integrity.
- Train and assist in directing lower technical resources to promote positive resource usage.
- Capable of taking technical lead role for category A and B projects with more than 4 indirect reports.
- Capable of managing projects related to Private Cloud environment (< $3m) with either local or global scope.
- Ability to collaborate with resources from GIS and the business lines, acting as subject matter expert for networking in Cloud computing environment.
- Ensure Private Cloud Infrastructure operations are aligned with strategies of GIS to ensure support for the future technology roadmap.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- University working and thinking level, degree in computer science or comparable education / experience.
- At least CCNP in switching/routing/security. CCIE preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant experience.
- More than 6 years of Datacenter networking experience.
- At least 2 years experience in a technical lead role for small- or medium-size teams.
- Expert knowledge of Cisco Nexus (5000, 3000, 1000V) and Catalyst switches; ACS, VSGs, Cisco Prime.
- Good understanding of Cisco UCS products.
- Good understanding of Hitachi UCP, Vblock and Nutanix network architecture.
- Knowledge of networking in VMware environment (Nexus 1000V)
- Working Knowledge of F5 Load balancers.
- Working Knowledge of Firewalls (Cisco ASA)
- Basic knowledge of Service Management (ITIL) through experience or certification.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Good mentoring/Coaching skills.
- Proven capability and experience in leading projects and resources.
- English (written and spoken) required.
- Agreeable to travel (globally) as required (=10%)
If you meet the criteria please email your CV to Liam.firstname.lastname@example.org