UAE Nationals applicants only
Location: UAE, Dubai, Emaar Square
GCB Level: 6
HSBC is one of the world’s leading banks, with a network covering 67 countries and territories. Our global reach means we offer many ways for you to develop your career. We offer an inclusive, values-led culture, tailored learning and development programmes and competitive benefits. We have roles in retail, commercial, investment and private banking and a range of operational and functional teams.
Within HSBC, certain roles are designated as High Risk Roles. High Risk Roles are those where employee malpractice could lead to significant financial and/or reputational damage through internal fraud, data loss, bribery or the leaking of confidential information. For these roles, all internal and external applicants are required to undergo a range of enhanced security/background checks as part of the pre-employment vetting process. This role has been designated as a High Risk role and any candidate hired into this role would be subject to this vetting. In the event that you are short-listed for this role, further details are available from the HSBC Recruitment team on our enhanced security/background checking processes.
To provide responsive and high quality senior administrative support to the Senior Management within Financial Crime Threat Mitigation (FCTM). Guidance and indirect management of other administrative staff within the wider department will also be required, overseeing broader administrative activities. Managing and influencing through precedent and experience gained through the course of the role holder’s career, leveraging the seasoned knowledge obtained in previous senior administrative roles
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide full administrative and secretarial support to
Senior Management within
- Reply to and formulate correspondence on behalf of
Senior Management within
- Diary management – meetings organized, rooms booked and diary invites managed
- Meeting papers, agenda items and MI collated for meetings
- All action items monitored as appropriate, advising manager of progress
- Enquiries directed as appropriate to other members of the management team
- Maintain department inventories and records
- Co-ordinate travel and accommodation requirements and process associated expense reports
- Organise and plan conferences/off-site events including preparation and collation of presentation material.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Experience, Skills and Attributes
- Experience and understanding of the HSBC Group, its culture, policies and procedures desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience of liaison with colleagues at all levels within the Bank.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven track record in managing fast changing calendar across global time zones.
- Proficient in MS Office and Lotus Notes.
- Will need to demonstrate attention to detail.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters at the highest level.
- Flexible, able to work in pressurised environment and manage priorities effectively.
- Organised and methodical approach to tasks
HSBC’s Global Functions (GF) play a vital role in supporting the bank’s Global Businesses, offer a broad range of career opportunities in areas from Legal, Audit, Risk, and Finance to Human Resources, Sustainability, Marketing and Communications. Our operational and functional teams around the world help HSBC’s Global Businesses to operate efficiently and effectively on a day-to-day basis. They also focus on controls and governance to reduce risk and protect the Group’s reputation. For more information visit
Financial Crime Threat Mitigation (FCTM) focuses on the specific financial crime threats the firm faces now and in the future, pioneering the techniques and technology that protect our business, our customers, and the many communities in which we operate from the harms associated with financial crime. FCTM harnesses intelligence, analytics, technology, investigation, information sharing, and public-private partnership to achieve this end, always seeking the most effective and efficient means. FCTM is also partnering with Financial Crime Compliance to build the case for a more efficient and effective regulatory approach by defining a potential new regulatory landscape based on practical, tested innovation and serving as a thought leader in the ongoing public debate on the future of regulatory compliance.
We put diversity at the heart of our business and we take our responsibility to develop our talent seriously.
Joining HSBC will give you the chance to work in a collegiate, supportive and inclusive environment in which we seek to develop and promote people based on merit. We will provide you with tailored training and support to help you identify and follow your chosen career path, as well as access to a range of market-competitive benefits.
What to expect at HSBC
- The chance to realise your ambitions
- Globally connected careers
- A strong emphasis on values
- Learning and development opportunities
- An inclusive, meritocratic culture
- Market-competitive benefits
Global Careers Opportunities
Visit our Global Careers site where you can explore our business, meet our people and find useful application hints and tips