I have an exciting role for “Technical Support Specialist – L2 – Contract – Edenkoben, Germany”. This is an exciting opportunity where the Project’s end client is a Leading Fortune 500 Company .
Job Role: Technical Support Specialist – L2
Job Position: Contract
Job Location: Edenkoben, Germany
The Technical Service Support Specialist (Analyst – Level 2) will be responsible for providing, IT Infrastructure support on-site and remotely (solving second level Incident, Problem and request management), maintenance (Change, Asset Management and Patching) and support Project Delivery, partnering with Global IT team and external service providers, utilizing tools and following IT Standards and Procedures.
- Supporting Incident and Request management submitted through the incident management system as per the service level objectives.
- Support procurement, Installation, configuration and support end user devices like Laptops, Desktops, Workstations and mobile devices through staging or manual deployment of standard software (XP, MS Office, Lotus Notes, SAP Client, VPN Software, Antivirus, Engineering and other Client Side software) or apps, PBX and Phone systems
- Support Enterprise IT teams in additional troubleshooting and maintaining Server, Network (WAN & LAN), Monitoring UPS and Switches, Backup Environment and external vendor.
- Responsible for the on-site Computer Room, Racks, Cabling and Data rooms maintenance.
- Support Vendor Service Management activities partnering with VMO and following escalation processes.
- Reporting issues through service desk tools and follow up through enterprise team and or vendors for critical and high issues tracking and escalating till closure.
- Manage and Maintain Asset Register through tools and conduct random physical audit.
- Support Refresh Program, Propose and seek approvals. Follow Asset Retiring Process.
- Support in planning and setting up new / expansion / renovation of IT Infrastructure
- Maintaining and loading backup tapes as per backup policy and direction from Global Data Preservation team and support restoration of data as per requests.
- Reporting time (efforts), Tracking vendor resources time in time reporting tools
- Managing vendor resources technically at on-site and remote locations to meet service level objectives
- Covering all critical equipment’s through Annual maintenance contract, reporting issues with services providers and escalating as per vendor service level agreements
- Follow Change Management processes and Critical communication Process during outages and changes
- Actively Participate in Local, Regional and Global team meetings, to understand business requirements, team progress and work on action plans as per committed timelines
- Support in providing all Infrastructure cost for AOP Preparation and track spending monthly within the financial limits.
- Participate in BOS Reporting, Continuous Improvement and exercise deep problem solving (8D) to avoid repeat issues
- Proactively support all critical equipment’s and end user capacity management issues by archiving or upgrading the infrastructure
- Provide basic training new IT Users on IT Process, IT Systems usage
- Support Entitlement processes for end users access request
- Execute patching plan for site(s) equipment’s and execution the plan.
- Participate and support Audit activities based on Internal Audit requirements
- Ability to work independently in a matrix organization
- Excellent knowledge on Installation, Configuration, Patching and troubleshooting of Windows 7, MS Office, IBM Lotus Notes, Symantec Antivirus, PcAnywhere, SAP Client and other Client side Software installation, Polycon Audio/Video Conference, HP Hardware (Desktop, Laptop, Printers), handheld scanners, barcode printers and plotters
- Basic Knowledge on troubleshooting of Windows Server 2003 & 2008, Cisco Switches, Access Points and routers, APC UPS, LAN and WAN, Biometrics devices
- Optional Skills around Active Directory administration, Symantec end Point encryption, Mobile devices support.
- Conceptual thinker, Goal oriented and driven to meet project deliverables and deadlines
- Excellent Service desk process knowledge and good understanding of service level objectives.
- Ability to learn quickly and willingness to adapt changes
- Customer focused, active listening, empathy and remain
- Ability to use MS Project, Visio, Excel, Word and PowerPoint are required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to interface and influence at multiple organizational levels and escalation appropriately
- Excellent relationship-building and networking skills and Ability to translate technical concepts into non-technical terms
- Organized and able to function successfully in a team environment
- Excellent technical, organizational, troubleshooting, problem-solving, budgeting and time management skills
- Conduct knowledge sharing sessions with Peers at regular interval on related topics
- Ability to gather relevant information systematically, consider a broad range of issues or factors, grasp complexities and perceive relationships among problems or issues; use accurate logic in analyses
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in an IT operations/service organization within a complex IT Infrastructure environment providing support on-site and remotely (automotive and/or manufacturing industries is a plus)
- Certificate (Mandatory 1 or more): ITIL, Microsoft Certified Desktop Service Technician (MCDST), HP Desktop/Printer certified highly preferred.
If the role appeals to you, please send me your updated CV (in word format) along with below required information to shortlist your CV to my client.
Required Information to shortlist your CV to my client:
- Your expected daily rate (minimum):
- Your notice period:
- Your citizenship / work eligibility in Germany:
Your quick response is highly appreciated.
IT Resourcing Consultant
| Winborough Technologies Limited | London |
| Mob: +44 (0) 2030 048 706 |
| www.winborough.com |
Job Type: Contract
Salary: €180.00 to €200.00 /day
- Technical Support: 1 year